commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Rick Smallman
Forum Index » Profile for Rick Smallman » Messages posted by Rick Smallman
Hi,

i am drawing a crest for a page on Corporal Brian Mullens.

Does anyone know if they had such a thing,

Even unofficial would help to draw the final crest.

Regards
I must have been over the upload limit so I wll post the second photograph here.

Regards
Hi all,

Please move this if needed

I found these two photographs on the Internet and as both are 'new' to me I thought that I would share them.

Regards
To Eileen Turner re your

He also saved a form of ticket from the ship Royal Albert which showed his name and ''No Watch.

I am wondering if this might have been HMS Prins Albert?

Regards
Hi, I am still around but I have spent more time in my second home, the Base Hospital.

I have still kept up my researches into various Infantry Landing Ships and today I might have stumbled across another Mullen drawing.

I cannot match it with those I already have on the Dieppe Raid.

Regards
Hi,

I have been a bit quite as I have had to bunker down and wait for this virus to die down. Purely for medical reasons and orders from the Doctor.

If you have any information on HMS Queen Emma could you contact Peter via his website?

He would be willing to give you any help and information.

https://sites.google.com/site/hmsprincessbeatrix/h...-and-koningin-emma-1939---1968

Regards
Hi,

As I promised to keep you updated:

The plaques and other memorabilia from the closed church in Ardentinny have been sent up the road to Strone parish church.

Regards

Hi all,

Back from my latest holiday in the Base Hospital and home at last.

But I have continued my never ending search for information I have found the following.

In his book D-DAY The Soldiers Story the author, Giles Milton mentions Brian Mullen and confirms that Mullen died at the beach.

Part of his email to me states: Everything I have read points to the fact that Sapper Mullen lost his life on the beach.

The search continues.

Regards
Hi all.

The Ardentinny Church held its last service this month and has now closed up.

As yet unable to find out what will become of all the RN Commando artefacts which were held there.

The Community Council and Heritage group do not seem to have any idea.

But the Royal Naval Commandos 1942-45 History Group on Facebook have taken the matter in hand and I will update you when results come in.

Regards
Hi Pete,

Have you ever come across a reference to 485 Flotilla?

So far it has proved to be very elusive.

I have attached a photograph.

Regards
Hi Nic,

Thank you for that.

Now I can finish the Sheet and only four more sheets to go.

Regards
Hi Pete,

I have typed in what I can but some words are beyond me.

Absent Shift would most likely be the one.

Thanks
Hi all, I am still here but have been very busy with research. I now have a photograph of HMS Prins Albert under attack from German aircraft and a short video clip of the same.

I am trying to catch up on the Service Sheets but with this one I need a little help with some of the words.

Regards
Hi,

My long lost Uncle was killed at Arnhem and has no known grave,

There is a Dutch Army Unit that collects all remains as they are found and even use DNA to make a match:

Dutch Institute for War Documentation
Herengracht 380
1016 CJ Amsterdam
Tel: (020) 523 38 00
Fax: (020) 523 38 88
Email: through the contact form on the website
Internet: www.niod.nl.

Might be some use to you.

Regards
Hi,

After the Elba Landings what was left of Oboe Commando joined Fox Commando.

Dad went to India with the 5th. Pontoon Party and then joined his unit at Sassoon Barracks.

He was involved in the search for gold bars when the freighter blew up in Bombay Harbour

After that came the Royal Indian Navy Mutiny which upset Dad as he was due to be posted back home.

I am going through his letters home to Mum which my younger Sister has posted to me.

Regards

Forum Index » Profile for Rick Smallman » Messages posted by Rick Smallman
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger