commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Bill Harvey
Forum Index » Profile for Bill Harvey » Messages posted by Bill Harvey
Paul

I will try a couple of No4 widows to see if they knew of your Uncle.

Bill
Paul

The list was drawn up from memory of the Commandos who were still alive in 1990 so may not list all who were on the raid. As I said before not all of No4 went on the raid.

Does you aunt know what troop he was in as it is a great help to finding where he was. The Troop diary would normally list all who served and then look towards Kew and the Army museum.

To CVA - can anyone else help Paul.

Bill Harvey
Paul

Sorry but he is not listed as being at Dieppe in the list drawn up from memory of No4 Commandos in 1990. Not all of No4 were on the raid.

Wishing you luck in your search.

Bill Harvey
Dark was falling when I reached the memorial at 16.30hrs.
I laid two rememberence crosses in the memorial garden infront of the Vik Ralph's memorial stone. Written on one was Bob Bishop No2 Commando RIP and on the other Bob from CVA.
Prayers were said giving thanks for Bob's life of service and for all he meant to Janet and the family and the extended family of the CVA.
Prayers were said asking for God to grant comfort, strength and peace to Janet and all the family and the extended family of the CVA.
"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM."
Went then to the Memorial and had two minutes silence in memory of our good friend Bob.
It was a typical highland winter night with wind driving horizontal rain across the memorial reminding us what the training was like for Bob and all his comrades.

Bill Harvey
Bob another hero passed on to join the heroes that are the Commandos. It was a privilage to knpw Bob we will miss him. He has helped so many trace their relatives history. Janet and all the family know that we share your grief. I will put a cross in at the memorial for him.

God's richest blessing.

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

Bill Harvey and all the family
Ron

Look at the Photo Gallery under No4 Commando you will find that Stephane has put a photo from Vlissingen on with the flag.

Best wishes.

Bill
Well done Ron. Many thanks.

Bill
Please see my other post.

Bill Harvey
Hello

In the July 1990 list compiled of those in No4 who served at Dieppe your grandfather is listed as serving. 4469318 Pte. Richards T. Durham L. I. There is no record of who was wounded.
If you would like me to email you a copy of this email me direct. (You will find my email on the site.)

Best wishes.

Bill Harvey Son of Bill Harvey No4
SPD

We had a short service of Remberance with our local primary school attending about 60 pupils. The children lay crosses for the fallen and I put one in for my Dad but this year I put one cross in for the Commandos Telic 1 2003.

We will remember them.

Bill Harvey
Just back home touched as usual by what I regard as Dad's grave in this country, Spean Bridge.

Thank you CVA for all you do. Thank you Janet and Bob fpr the Lofoton map.

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

Bill Harvey
Wonderful visit to Achnacarry yesterday thanks to Donald Cameron. This was fp;;pwed by a visit to Lochaber High School with great entertainment from the pipe and brass bands thanks for the entertainment. Great CVA meeting today. Fantastic demonstration of Commando fighting knife techniques by Paul MacDonald and Co, well done and thanks. Nice to meet so many freinds.

Bill Harvey
Hello

I have seen a picture of this flag in Flushing at one of the commorations. Does anyone know where the flag is? Their is a small one in the Spean Bridge Hotel.

Bill Harvey
Many thanks Geoff.
What time is the bus going to Achnacarry on Friday and what is the ETA. I would like to come from Dunbeg by car.

Bill Harvey

Forum Index » Profile for Bill Harvey » Messages posted by Bill Harvey
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger