commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Eileen
Forum Index » Profile for Eileen » Messages posted by Eileen
You - get things wrong? As if.

Thank you. :-)
Can someone tell me how No.3 got back from Sicily at the end of '43/start of '44 please?

I thought my dad must have come home with 41 RM on the Otranto ... did No.3 come back on that ship, also?

After reading about No.2 overseas (dad volunteered with them for Salerno) I now know that dad had jaundice and this is why he's re-classified as 1a in his service record.
It certainly looks like him. How exciting!
So sad to read this. My dad was in different Troops within No.4 but I've read about 'Bambi'.

RIP Sir, and thank you.
Bless each and every one of them.

Never forgotten.
Hello!

If you haven't already done so - if you put his name in the Custom Search at the top, you'll find out about him - where he was from etc. A very brave young man, indeed.
Oh my! How wonderful!

Somebody'll need to take theirs up to Fort William next year and let me have a look. :)
Marvellous!

I've just seen the date on the newsletter - that's the day after my 9th birthday ... about the time dad went up to Fort William for the November service. He'd previously been on the Lost Legions list but had been to Flushing a few times.

Please have a look and see if he's mentioned anywhere, or if you have photos from any Fort William/Spean Bridge events. Dad's name was George Francis Harris - I'd love to find information from that weekend. Not sure of the year but that would be close.
So very interesting and great photo!

I'd be interested in hearing those stories as my dad was in No.4 but volunteered to fight with No.2 at Salerno and Sicily. It's amazing how even one snippet of information can help others in their research.
Marvellous photographs - thank you. I especially like the last one - great!
So interesting. Please keep us informed.

Glad that they're remembered.
I'm reading Robert Lyman's excellent book, Into The Jaws Of Death, and was reading about Captain Pennington's death only this afternoon.

So very sad.
These are marvellous! Thank you for posting them.

I love the captions - really special, to be treasured.
Whenever we were up in Dundee, visiting mam's relatives, dad would drive us over there - he was never happier than when he was in that area. Long before dad got a car, an aunt or uncle would drive us ... I've been visiting that area since I was a tot.

If you're passing Morpeth, Northumberland, give me a shout and I'll gladly sit on your roof-rack. ;)

I think that was probably the happiest time of my dad's life, too. My mam once said that he 'enjoyed' the war ... meaning the camaraderie.
Thank you so much for this!

My dad, George Francis Harris, was at Achdalieu, Lochailort and Achnacarry. It's wonderful to read about your dad.

Forum Index » Profile for Eileen » Messages posted by Eileen
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger