commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Eileen
Forum Index » Profile for Eileen » Messages posted by Eileen
Thank you. A brave man, indeed.

I shall await the others and look forward to reading them.
I'm finding this all so very interesting. Hats off to the folk on here (and elsewhere) who do so much research.

Keep the questions - and answers - coming. It's absolutely fascinating! Thanks!
RIP Mr Grieve - and thank you.
I thought I'd seen him before - he's also on this one. No. 8

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/d/7234-4/3+Troop+3+Cdo+avec+noms+steph.jpg

Would this be TSM Coaker - mentioned in the No 3 Remembrance section in the Photo Gallery?

Not sure if this will work, but ...

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/3/3+cdo+fallen/vernon+coaker.jpg.html
I've been going up to the Memorial since I was very young - was there in November for the Remembrance Day service - quite a few of us Commando Kids are going again this year - try to get up there if you can.

Now then, this here thread's about avatars so I'd best not go 'off topic' ) I wonder what's next for us, Mikey? Race you to Forum Brigadier ... or whatever. :)
Excuse me young man but I haven't had a 'tipple' since the 30th ... and that was 'do do dodo do do dodo diddly diddly pom pom pom' ... a Crabbies. Didn't have one when I got back in this morning ... I shall make up for it later though. :)

Don't worry about the rankings ... but I did enjoy my fleeting time as Lance Corporal. Whatever you decide is fine by me.
Yes, thank you. I'm so glad I found this place ... and the great folk I've encountered.
I've found this topic fascinating - so glad that you've found so much out about your uncle.

I've been promoted to Sergeant but I, too, would like to go back to being a Lance Corporal ... if possible ... that's what rank my dad held.
Thank you - yes, my dad used to tell me about his time in Germany ... he had some stories about camps over there. Haven't a clue why 'Troon' should be down as a description on that photo.

If anybody has anything of No 4 that they don't require ....hello! :)
Been thinking about them this morning - I'll certainly be raising a glass in their memory later today ... when it's quiet.

They'll never be forgotten.
I've read in a few books that the Police intake was much appreciated - fine lads :)
I thought Lieutenants had more to do with pigeons ... hey, you've got me chatting in the wrong Forum again ;)
Hey! I'm a Lance Corporal! That's what my dad was by the end of the War. :)
Mikey - In the living years, indeed. So many of us would love the chance to talk with them once more. Hope you find the information you're looking for.
A very full and interesting life. Reading about how he got his MC was thrilling, and the story about sharpening the pencils made me smile.

RIP Mr Tate.

Forum Index » Profile for Eileen » Messages posted by Eileen
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger