commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Eileen
Forum Index » Profile for Eileen » Messages posted by Eileen
Great! Abebooks is always my first port of call.

I shall sort out the ones I no longer require and see what happens. It'll get me off Netflix for a while.
Great stuff - right up my street! Thank you.

I've got books I don't need - doubled up on some and ready to let some go. Would it be possible to swap or sell amongst this community? I'd much rather do this than go down the ebay route. Lots go to charity shops but some are too good/special to part with that way, not knowing who'll end up with them.
This is so interesting!

Wonderful research from all - well done. I look forward to hearing more.
So sad. Glad to know that he's remembered here.
RIP, Sir.
Oh PLEASE don't throw that knife away! It/they mean so much to so many people.

I remember dad saying he wished he'd kept his knife but they were always checked to make sure they were returned. How he didn't find a way, as so many did, to hold onto one I don't know.

Please make sure it goes to someone who will treasure it.
Oh, thank goodness. What a shock I got ...

Looking forward to watching it and seeing Roy again.
How very interesting.

Dad joined the Border Regiment (6th Battalion I think) before the Commandos. I know he went to at least one of the Tyneside meetings. He would have been living in Blyth at the time.

I was wondering if any photos exist from those meetings. Dad died in 1992 and it would have been the late 80s when he attended.
I'm very interested to see the photos that were found - what a treasure!
I used to visit Dalhousie Road when my Auntie Nan was still with us - even when she lived in Dundee, itself, Broughty Ferry was the place to go. Wonderful memories and makes me even more interested in these posts.
Good luck with finding out more.
I was pleased to read your post as I've often wondered what the lads thought about being expected to jump out of planes! When I asked my dad about whether he'd done so - he was No.4 - he just chuckled. Mam said he'd rather be seasick than jump out of a plane.
I hope you find the information you're after.
Just wanted to say thanks for the laughs about the smiley faces. Started my day off well. :)
Wonderful cooperation - well done, all concerned.
Fascinating.
How awful for his parents (not to mention for him) - but the joy when he turned up at their door!

So very interesting.
Thank you!

Best wishes to everybody for a lovely Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year! x
I'm very interested in hearing more about any plans.
Dad joined that year and took part in Operation Menace and the Lofoten Islands.
Please keep us all informed! :)
I hope you have a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year! Thank you all for the hours of work you put in to ensure this Forum remains the best site on the internet. I love looking through the Gallery and catching up on comments - always so interesting ... apart from the shoe adverts. )

My brother joined me on my Commando trails this year and will be doing so next year. We look forward to meeting up with 'old' friends and making 'new' ones in 2019. x

Forum Index » Profile for Eileen » Messages posted by Eileen
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger