commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Eileen
Forum Index » Profile for Eileen » Messages posted by Eileen
Thanks! Don't hold your breath though - I don't have a scanner these days so it'd have to wait til I visited my brother. Some of the sheets are A3 size ... some with very little written on them.

I've got the hang of the wording, mostly, but there's stuff in the left-hand columns that are to do with official use.

I reckon I've almost sussed the 'Italy' question. I can remember him mentioning a place with 'o' at the end ... was thinking Salerno - he was back home (I think) before Anzio.
Another very good site I've stumbled upon is the WW2 Talk one - great for finding out about TA days etc. I've found that Dad was probably sent over to West Africa, Operation Menace ... and I think I've sorted out the Italy question.

The bit on the records I wasn't sure about was 'Re-classified 1a wef 15th Nov '43 til, I think, 18/1/44.

Anzio?

He was awarded the 1939/43 Star 18/4/44

By George (how apt) I think I've cracked it! :) No I haven't ... that's the Africa Star.
Erm .... so you did! :D However, it's in that PDF thingy - won't let me open it for long enough to print it.

Here's me waiting for it to be delivered through the letterbox. Call me old-fashioned. :wink:

I shall keep trying ... and thank you, Nick - I'd forgotten it was in my Hotmail doodah.

I hope I don't get a scan of that cravat - I'll not be able to wear THAT at Spean Bridge, eh?
Waiting patiently for mine. :) (Can't find a finger-tapping, whistling smiley)

Perhaps I'll receive the latest newletter with the items? Hint, hint. :wink:
What an incredible story - thank you so much for posting that.
Yesterday Channel.
Does anybody know where 10 Ind Coy went from 28.8.40 - 26.10.40?

Wherever it was, he sailed on M S Sobieski.

East Africa? Is that how he got his Africa Star? :)
Just over 6 months for dad's to arrive - yesterday was the big day! :)
Everything comes to he/she who waits ... got them this morning!!! :)

One of the embarkments/disembarkments is crossed out ... I'm away to find out more.

Excited isn't the word!
'I am in agreement with nothing you have said so far.'

:) You tell 'im, Lord Lovat!
It was even better than I remembered.

Hopefully, the house can be 'saved'.
As you were.

Part 2 of an order that hadn't been completed. Voluntary stuff.

Oh well ... I still have it all to look forward to! :)
That's lovely. I'm impressed!
Marvellous stuff! If I ever knew about this ... I'd forgotten. Thank you.
Time's up!

You'll know me in November ... I'll be the lady sporting a rather nifty Commando Association cravat. :)

Forum Index » Profile for Eileen » Messages posted by Eileen
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger