commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Stephen Donnison
Forum Index » Profile for Stephen Donnison » Messages posted by Stephen Donnison
Hey Ive got a book on Commando awards gonna check it out!
Get him to tell us how he won the MC Janet!
Hi Bob
Wonderful photo
I still wouldnt want to mess with you pair!
Heres my dad's Commando Ass. badge good quality in those days eh . I 'll treasure it forever
Here it is ,, the 1st issue crossed daggers
Great photo Bob!
I notice that the Canadian poppy is different to the British one. An ol' Canadian vet gave me a Canadian poppy when i was in Normandy in 2003 and I have it just above my head on the computer desk
Guess what !
I have wall shield for No5 Commando and the crossed daggers is on it ,,, the 1st issue one!. I had nt realised as we are decorating and its in a box with other stuff , I ve just noticed it
Ive taken a pic ,and it seems to be in focus .So i 'll down load it i nthe morning before work
Excellent idea about First day Covers
Ive been collecting interesting ones for years Have two albums full including some on the St Nazaire raid and the Burma Star
lets go for it
Im all for it!. Got some interesting items myself
hi mate
the first issue badge is way out ..its soo frustrating trying to get a decent pic of it. The handle is very different to the 2nd issue one They look more like flick knives than commando knives!
you cant see the crossed daggers very clearly on his beret but on the actual photo you can
I 'll bring the original photo to the 29th July gathering .and you can have a look. I had this enlarged on the computer and a rip in the photo erased
ive found it soo fascinating
heres the clipping from the paper Nov 1941 again its out of focus sorry
as you can see tho its the 1st issue patch
hi Nic
Heres a pic of part of the tea towel . sorry its out of focus
Ive just been checking through my bits and bobs of my dad's commando items i keep in a green box and theres a clipping from the Daily Express saturday November15th 1941 Theres the photo of a soldier's shoulder and on it is the 1st issue badge of the Crossed daggers and the V . Above theres a Commando flash but because of a crease in the jacket its hard to see the number but it looks like a 5 Commando but theres no No.5. Underneath it is written" See a soldier with the badge above on his shoulder and you see one of the toughest men in the toughest army in the world--- a Commando"
I shall try and photo it with my didgie camera
Also I have a teatowel that i bought from the Commando Ass. years ago it has all the unit badges and no5 has its flash as 5 Commando in yellow and black with the green and yellow crossed daggers and V ( 2nd issue) underneath

Forum Index » Profile for Stephen Donnison » Messages posted by Stephen Donnison
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger