commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jeff Hewitt
Forum Index » Profile for Jeff Hewitt » Messages posted by Jeff Hewitt
Hi Matt,
As Pete confirms my email is as above.
Best wishes
Jeff
Hi Anthony
I am the lead for the 46 Royal Marine Commando Family and Friends Group.
I am also co author of two books detailing the history of 46 RMC.
If you can email me at [email protected] I can share with you all I have concerning the men who fell in WW2 from the 46 RMC Unit.
As Pete has informed you it is Coyle no Cole.
My pleasure Jackie,
I know how frustrating it is to not find the Group Photo.
Good luck in your search.
Best wishes
Jeff
I?ve just spoken to 45 Commando Veteran Lt Bryan Samain.
His reply is :- Sorry, Jeff, but I do not remember the name.
Did he serve in NW Europe in 1944/45 and/or
Hong Kong in 1946 ? He was not present
at the only postwar reunion '45' ever had
(in 1979) which I attended. Regrettably, I
cannot help any further. Regards, Bryan.
My pleasure Jason
Double check with your family that there are no old photo albums or boxes in the attic that may contain photos or papers.
If he did become a Commando he would have his unit number on his shoulder patch. It would be a number from 40 to 48 Royal Marine Commando and he will be wearing a Green beret.
If he didn?t become a Commando then as a Royal Marine he could have done a number of support roles.
Many of the men become crew of landing craft and were actively involved in the DDay beach landings.
If you do find anything else then please share it with us and we?ll do all we can to help you uncover his war journey.
Regards
Jeff
Hi Jason,
46 Royal Marine Commando had 3 men named Bailey in their unit.
Marine A.A. Bailey CH/X104446 taken POW 11/06/44
Cpl J. Bailey PO/X103464 KIA 19/06/44
Capt J.F. Bailey returned safely home from the war.
We have 6 men in the 46 Commando Nominal role with the surname Brown but sadly none with the forename initials.
Good luck with your search.
Jeff - lead contact for the 46 RMC Family and Friends Group
I am the lead contact for 46 Royal Marine Commando Family and Friends Group.
We do have a Sgt L W Hussey CH/X113252 listed in the unit?s Nominal List.
I have co written two books detailing the unit complete war journey.
My father was Sgt Harry Hewitt S Troop.
Please either email me at [email protected] or call me on 01869 356082 and I?ll share all I can with you.
Regards
Jeff
Matt,
I am the lead contact for the 46 Royal Marine Commando Family and Friends Group.
My father was Sgt Harry Hewitt S Troop.
Together with Keith Taylor whose father Eric served alongside my father we have co written two books that chronicle the complete war journey of 46 RMC.
Please either email me at [email protected] or call me on my landline 01869 356082 and I?ll share all I can with you.
Regards
Jeff
Hi Andrew.
If you go onto YouTube and enter 46 Royal Marine Commando quite a number of past reunion video clips come up. Most were filmed by Joel Aubin who is a former Mayor of Rots. He is still a resident of the village and to this day attends and films the memorial services held on the 11th June every 5 years, the last being the 75th Anniversary of the liberation of Rots. In the intervening years a small formal remembrance service always happens on the 11th June.
I am the lead contact for 46 RM Commando Family and Friends Group.
Please email
Me or call me on 01869 356082 and I can share with you all you need to know about your GGDad.
I am still looking for facial photographs of 15 men from 46 Royal Marine Commando who fell during WW2.
They are:-
A Anderson
V Bradley
D Burrows
S Cantlay
P Donnelly
S Durose
R Hill
F Houghton
W James
R Kimber
K Livsey
A Nelson
J Parker
J Smallman
J Tomkins
If anyone reading this post is related to or knows anyone who may be able to help please contact me at [email protected]
Sorry Pete Herbert Sachs not Ernest
Hi Pete,
Yes your so right there are 68 and miss typed 62.
There were also 2 men from No10 Inter Allied Commando who were assigned to 46 who fell with our men at the crossing of the river Rhine on the 23rd March 1945.
Cpl Herbert Seymour (alias for Ernest Sachs) and Sgt Ernest Villiers (alias for Egon Vogel)
At the end of WW2 46 RM Commando lost 62 men.
42 in France killed in action.
1 in Holland from a motor vehicle accident.
16 in Germany killed in action.
1 in England who died from wounds received in France.
1 in England who died during a training exercise.
1 in Scotland who died during a training exercise.
For the 2nd book Keith Taylor and I are currently writing about our fathers war journey we have 40 facial photographs to show but sadly none exist for the following 22 men.
If anyone on this forum recognises a name and/or does come across a missing mans photo in their family collections please please share it with us.
The 22 men are:-
Albert Anderson
Verdun Bradley
Derrick Burrows
Stanley Cantlay
William Clarke
Arthur Cundall
John Davies
Peter Donnelly
Samuel Durose
John Flood
Ronald Hill
Frederick Houghton
William James
Robert Kimber
John Lee
Kenneth Livsey
Alexander Nelson
John Parker
John Ponsford
Joseph Smallman
Jack Tomkins
David Wearing

Forum Index » Profile for Jeff Hewitt » Messages posted by Jeff Hewitt
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger