commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: steph
Forum Index » Profile for steph » Messages posted by steph
Hello Ron

Find enclose photo about 3 cdo E troop.
I will try to have more information about your father. This week-end I will attend the ceremonies in Dieppe. So, hope to met veterans who could remember him.
In blue, this is John CARNEY
I have all the names, i will send it to you soon
bye
stéphane
Colin

Yes, this is cimetière les Vertus. If you haven't been there before, it's great to be there the evening at 9.30 pm.
stéphane
Hello RON

I have on one list about 3 cdo 2 troop L / cpl GIBSON. I have photo about 2 troop in May 44. Maybe it's your father.
He is on the list about 3 cdo in Dieppe
Gibson P. private 5958784

stéphane
Hello Ron

I've got several photos about 3 cdo troops. So, i will see if your father is on. His name is not unknown to me.

stéphane
HELLO COLLIN

If i met you in Dieppe, I could introduce you to people who are members of some Associations about the Dieppe Raid, and maybe you could have more information with them.
I will be at the ceremony on the 18th evening at the cemetery. If you see some commando veterans I will be with them.

stéphane
Hello

May someone could remember some faces on this photo about 4 cdo training in St IVES

Stéphane
Hello

this is part of letter from Fred USHER "A" Royal Marine.

stéphane
Hello

You can visit this website to know the ceremonies in Dieppe. But don't forget this is official ceremony from Dieppe town. The commandos ceremonies are not in Dieppe.
I will try to have more information with village town hall.

http://www.mairie-dieppe.fr/actu/carton19aout2007.pdf

stéphane
excuse me I've forget to attached
Hello to all

Find enclosed 40 RM cdo deployment 1942 - 1946

bye

stéphane
Hello

I'm looking for information, and photos about Pat PORTEOUS VC 4 cdo.
I met him in Dieppe in 1992, but unfortunately haven't speak to him.
I will be enjoy to hear family about him.

sincerely

stéphane
Hello

I think, the first name was "A" Royal Marine Commando. After Dieppe they called 40 Royal Marine Commando.
I will send you soon, some more information. I was in touch with 27 veterans from 40 rm cdo during WWII.
I was to the dedication of the monument in Eastney, in 1999.
bye
stéphane
Hello COLIN

I will phone to a friend living in Dieppe this evening about the Dieppe ceremonies. I know 26 canadian veterans should be there.
I don't think so, many commando veterans will be there.
When I have more information, I will let you know.
ps) go to the gallery, i've enclosed few 40 rm cdo vets. photos, all was not in Dieppe.

I was invited with them ( 40 rm cdo association ) in Dieppe in 2002.

stéphane
Hello COLIN

A commando, this is 40 RM cdo.
I will be in DIEPPE in two weeks, maybe I will see you there. I enclose photo about me, don't hesitate to salute me.
I will contact the 40 rm cdo secretary to know if some veterans will be there.
I think Sam PLIM should be there.

sincerely

stéphane

Find enclose the other.

The monument on the beach has been unveiling by Jimmy DUNNING and Joe BURNETT

steph

Forum Index » Profile for steph » Messages posted by steph
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger