commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: steph
Forum Index » Profile for steph » Messages posted by steph
Hi ROB

No in 1985 I wasn't to the ceremonies at this time I was Gendarme and not in NORMANDY.
The photo in 1985 is good. I met all those veterans. Charles MAJOR died few years ago. Dennis COOPER was in 4 cdo, but was in reinforcement for Flushing.
I have an other photo about 3 troop before D.Day. but need to do copy.
Do you know, SCOTTY ? He was in 3 troop.
Have you got any other photos of ceremonies ?
bye

stéphane
Hi RON

I show your father's photo to Fred WALKER, Roy CADMAN, Jim CLINTON and John CARNEY in DIEPPE last month. But nobody recall your father. John CARNEY recall one GIBSON in his troop but i don't think so it's your father.
I enclose photo about 3 troop.
ARTHUR CHIVERS is still alive, he was in 1 troop. Bill BRITNELL who was in 1 troop too, died few months ago, his ashes has been laid around the 3 cdo monument in AMFREVILLE last june.
Ozzy OSBOURNE 3 troop is in Royal Chelsea Hospital, but not in good health.
I have too photo about 3 troop in ITALY, I will try to find it.
bye
stéphane PS) Jimmy SYNNOTT is still alive
Hello BILL

I hope some veterans and families about 4 cdo could go to Varengeville next year.
Maybe some children could organize a trip to Dieppe. I think it will be great than children came back on the "foot" of their father.

bye

stéphane
Hello to all

I've enclosed few photos in the gallery about the ceremonies in DIEPPE last 19 08 2007. ( look on the events and cdo unit )

sincerely

stéphane
Hello COLIN

I'm just came back from DIEPPE today. Monday, I was in POURVILLE for the ceremonies, and I asked to some SSR Veterans, if they recall commandos attached to their unit, but any success.
Hope you're enjoy those days in Dieppe.
I'm disappointed than only ( the same ) four commandos ( army ) of 3 cdo, veterans were there. Any 4 cdo or family in Ste Marguerite sur mer, Varengeville.
I went to Berneval with 3 cdo in the evening of Sunday. A good time. without any officials ( politics ).
I'm enjoy to met you in Dieppe.

sincerely

stéphane
Hello NEIL

Do you received news about veterans for your trip in DIEPPE ?

I attend the ceremonies last week-end, only 4 veterans of 3 cdo were there: FRED WALKER, JIM CLINTON, JOHN WHITE and ROY CADMAN

Any 4 cdo veterans.

I think it will be good to do something for the future, to have veterans, families who could be there.

Please let me know for your trip

sincerely

stéphane
Hello Steve

Have you read the book about Lord LOVAT memories: MARCH PAST

Stéphane
Our thoughts are for you those days.
I would like to dedicated this message to all who gave their youth and unfortunately their life for our freedom 65 years ago in DIEPPE Raid.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET THEM

Stéphane
Hello to all

I would like to hear veterans, families or relative about JOHN LILLEY 4 Cdo
John was one of the first veteran than I met long time ago. A very kind man.
I'm still in touch with Muriel, his wife. A very kind lady, too.
bye

stéphane
This is one photo about a 5 cdo vet.
Other will come soon. I'm going to Dieppe tomorrow morning and I will stay there for one week.
I attend the last Commando Association reunion in sept. 2005 in Portsmouth.
I've taken many photos, some were 5 cdo.
But I need to find them in my albums.
bye

stéphane
Hello ROB

Find enclosed photos about Fred WAKER & John WHITE
Hope to meet some veterans who could recall your father
bye

stéphane
COLIN

IF you meet this veteran, James FARMER, he was in DIEPPE.

see you this week-end

stéphane
Hello

I have few photos about 5 cdo veterans taken when I went to some ceremonies. But unfortunately, I don't know their name and troop.
Maybe someone could know them.
I know more about commandos unit involved in Normandy.
bye
stéphane
Hello Rob

I will meet John CARNEY this week-end, and I will ask him if he recall your father.
JOHN WHITE & FRED WALKER both 4 troop, were too in the Bedf & Herts. regt.
Do you know them ?

ps) the photos enclosed is to show you about our shop. I'm in touch with vets. and families since I was 13, now 41.

stéphane

Forum Index » Profile for steph » Messages posted by steph
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger