commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
No 50-52 ME comando cap badge  XML
Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Vlewis
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi JB,

Yeah I think you're right. I did some looking around on this subject and found a photo of an alleged original that was unlike any of the versions on this thread (Appeared larger with more prominent features). However, that could be a copy as well for all I know?

Regards Vic
JB
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Vic,

Here is a vets ME badge posted on the gallery it looks very like mine. Best regards, JB

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Middle+East+Commandos/matza/KNIFE_BADGE.jpg.html
mike beckett
Forum Member

There are several variations of genuine ME Badges. I have one attributed to a veteran that is cut out of sheet brass, not the 'usual' construction at all. The secret is to know where an item comes from. Not that I agree with badgering veterans at all ... that is bang out of order as I am sure we all agree.
Regards
Mike
Can't believe I used the word 'badgering' - almost a pun!
Alan Orton
Forum Member
[Avatar]

There is a picture of Jim Almonds in his daughters book 'Gentleman Jim' showing this type of cap badge on his field service cap. He was in 8 (Guards) Commando.
Alan.

Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger