commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Lt. J.C.C. Pagnam and Oran No. 2 SBS  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Vectis
Forum Member

I am doing a presentation for my Rotary Club on Operation Reservist - the Nov. 6th 1942 Allied landing at Oran. No. 2 SBS were involved with the Americans. My father Lt. J.C.C. Pagnam survived the attack but was captured by the Vichy French and subsequently freed by the Americans two days later.
Does anyone here have any information about my father (he passed away in 2005)? Anything would help as my presentation is next week. Also, if you know of anyone who was involved with Reservist or having second hand information that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and thank you for your service!
Joe Pagnam,
Lexington VA
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Hello Joe

Welcome to the CVA forums.

Although I can offer no more information to you at this time it is pleasing to note that we do have your father listed on our main Nominal Roll as serving in 2SBS which at least confirms that.

We have been compiling these nominal Rolls for several years and its always a thrill to find a name on them.

I am sure anyone with any further info will come forward and I hope your presentation goes well.

Best regards

John M

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/2015 09:21:05

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Have you seen our gallery entry

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/WW2/sbs/LCpl+Pagnam.jpg.html

The actual document is here:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/node/1041

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/06/2015 11:55:48

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger