commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: pamplstuff
Forum Index » Profile for pamplstuff » Messages posted by pamplstuff
Vic Pamplin
Hi Pete,
I'm happy to share all the information I have, it's just trying to grapple with technology, I am using a phone at home and PC at work with limited software. Trying to get files down to the right size.

Hubert Victor Pamplin 18th August 1917-26th March 2014. Enlisted as Victor Hubert as he was known as Vic.
He told me his best mate was Edward 'Teddy' Ambler, who is remembered on this site.
I have photos of him in dress uniform and in the Green Beret. I'll post them when I can.
I've tried to transcribe his record to an Excel spreadsheet.
One that I couldn't find any information about was order;-
PII 176/42 1st Eng. To HMS Reven for special training. 10/3/42. I'm fairly sure it is Reven, but can't find anything like it?
Hi,
I've been finding out some information on my Grandad's military history. I had the pleasure of knowing him into my adulthood and like many people, now wish I had asked more.
I have sent off for and recently received a copy of his military records. This has given lots of information about his movements in Britain, but hopefully I could find out about his active service. He spoke about D-Day, but I didn't like to ask too much.
He was a Royal Marines Engineer Commando. He has the Italy Star as well as the France/Germany Star.
If anyone is willing and can help fill in the gaps it would be much appreciated.
Mark

Forum Index » Profile for pamplstuff » Messages posted by pamplstuff
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger