commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Chris Barnes
Forum Index » Profile for Chris Barnes » Messages posted by Chris Barnes
Thanks Pete.
Chris
Hi Pete.
Thanks so much for posting the photo in the 40RM Commando album.
Apologies if it is obvious, but I can see how I can leave a comment in the album. Is there an easy way?
Chris
Thanks Pete, for taking the time to reply. Great advice.
I am fairly sure that Linda hasn't applied for a copy of his service record, but I will send her the link.
I will renew my National Archives membership, as it looks like that there is a wealth of information, in the link that you sent.
DOB was 19th March 1922. Fakenham, West Sussex. Will find out DOD, but I know he lived to the great age of 97.
Not sure what is meant by whom credit should be made, but the photos have been lent to me by Linda Elliott.
Thanks
Chris
Hi Pete
Thanks for the reply and advice.
Some photos attached, including George in his 40 Royal Marine Commando Battledress.
Chris
Hi.
I am helping research the service history of George Elliott (Leonard George Elliott) PO/X5111 for his daughter Linda. From the many photos that I have on loan I know that he served in Malta 1943/44 and Italy 1944/45.
If anyone has any info regarding his service, or details of which troop he served in, I would really appreciate it.
Happy to share the photos if required.
Chris

Forum Index » Profile for Chris Barnes » Messages posted by Chris Barnes
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger