commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Markhol
Forum Index » Profile for Markhol » Messages posted by Markhol
Hi, thanks for putting the pics up. I've attached a copy of the rear of the band photo. I can read some but not all of the names, some French, some Italian.

Chiapolino
Guizien (Andre)
Dickenson -?
Mogies
Lafargue
Myself
Franzosen
Dornier?

My dad's dates are 15. 08.11 to 23.03.93. He was liberated by the Russians. He and others hid in the nearby coal mine after the Germans had fled the advance, deserting the camp.
Hi All, I noticed that there was a record in your archive which gave the service history of my late father, Pte. Alfred Holbrook. I have a number of photos of him which I have attached which show him in the uniform of the R.A.. He had a lot to do with the horses as can be seen. He later transferred to the RAMC, was part of the BEF and was evacuated off the beach at Dunkirk. He was then captured at Crete and spent the rest of the war as a labourer for German road and railway building. I also have a picture of him as a drummer in a concert orchestra in Stalag IVC Wistritz taken at Christmas, 1942. He wrote the names of most of the men in that photo on the back, but his writing is hard to read.

Forum Index » Profile for Markhol » Messages posted by Markhol
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger