commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: MA_80
Forum Index » Profile for MA_80 » Messages posted by MA_80
Hello,

I've been trying to find out some information on my late grandfather, Ronald Allen.

He was born in March 1923 and joined the army in 1938. I believe he enlisted into the Northants regiment, which was our local regiment, and then as war broke out he ended up in the Army Commandos.

My grandfather would rarely discuss the war or his life in the army, but I know he served in Africa and Italy. I have seen photo's of him with Italian Partisans, apparently he helped with their training. My late grandmother told me he was involved in a raid on Norway but that's about all I know. If it helps, we have a photo of him in 1940 in a navy coloured battle jacket with "Army Commandos" on his shoulder/sleeve...although I always thought the army wore Khaki?

I know the change of finding anyone who served with him is extremely slim, but I would be grateful if anyone has any tips or advice for looking up records of the Army Commandos.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

MA_80

Forum Index » Profile for MA_80 » Messages posted by MA_80
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger