commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Wrigmar
Forum Index » Profile for Wrigmar » Messages posted by Wrigmar
Received his records today so he was a Marine in the Royal Marines. Medal award card shows medals for Africa (R) , Atlantic, Italy F. And C and obviously the war medal.
Not much other information other than his Conduct sheets. The front sheet that came with it did give some recommended reading though.
Thanks for that. I have the forms filled in, so will get them sent away this week.
Thanks for that, I have done a bit of research into the Orion and found some good information.
I spoke to my parents today who were sure he was royal marine special forces. They had story?s of his unit landing on islands prior to invasion to take out key points and he was involved in the Sicily landings. Unfortunately he died in 1974 and details have been forgotten. My mum, as a toddler, also binned his medals while playing a game🙈. Would his record of service have more detail?

Thanks
My next question is whether it is worth me applying for his record of service or will it not tell me any more than I already have?
Photos of ships we believe he served on.
I?ve attached some photos. Not sure of the ships.
The group photo has Exmouth 8th June 1940 written on the back.
I did wonder if it was the same thing (marines and commandos). I?ve attached what I have just now. Thanks for you help.
Hi, new to this forum and looking in advice to research my grandad service history in the Royal Marines during ww2. I have his certificate of service and register number. I also have a list of ships he was assigned to although other than Orion I?m struggling to make out the names. Any pointers to get me started would be greatly appreciated!

Forum Index » Profile for Wrigmar » Messages posted by Wrigmar
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger