commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Dave Winchester
Forum Index » Profile for Dave Winchester » Messages posted by Dave Winchester
Hi again

My dad is the one in civvies. Here is another photo of him and his siblings.
Hi

Here is a picture of my dad in uniform. The other one is probably his demob from Naval Party 2437.
Thanks for this info. It doesn?t say in his records what unit he was with but my brother thought it was 46 and I think it was 40. He seemingly told my brother he was involved at the Anzio landings?
Hi Craig

Thanks very much for info on Naval Party 2437. We did know he had been Singapore but not what he was doing there.

Thanks again much appreciated.

Dave
Hi again Pete

Realise not a clear picture from his record. Have attached typed version of what I could decifer.
Hi Pete

Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly. I have received my fathers records and needs some working out. In the letter with his records it states he served in the army when he left the marines and I have now been in touch with them for any info they might have. I have also attached a copy of his location list.
Hi

I am still trying to find any information on my dad who served in the marines from Sep 41 - Jun 46. He joined 30 Sep 41 at Lymstone, 18 RM Batallion, Sigs Company RM Commandos Sigs ?46 Commando Italy
was part of new unit in 1945 Naval Party 2437. His number was PLY/X105178 Name Jack Winchester.. Any info would be appreciated as he was a very private man and we have limited information.
Hi Craig

Unfortunately he isn?t. I checked all nominal rolls and galleries.

Thanks again.

Dave
Good afternoon

I am in the process of exploring my fathers service career. He was a very private man and never divulged much of his exploits. He served in 46 Marine Commandos during the war. There was talk of him being in Italy (Anzio) and supposedly in Singapore. We have no firm information. We would like any information available and would also like to find out what his service number was. I have contacted the records department via go.uk to obtain his service record but couldn't give them much information to aid their search.

Thanks very much for inviting me to the forum and also for any help you may be able to offer.

Dave Winchester
former sergeant RAF.
Hi

I am trying to find my father?s service number as I need it to apply for his records. He served during the second world war and in 46 commando. Where can I find his service number.

Forum Index » Profile for Dave Winchester » Messages posted by Dave Winchester
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger