commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: martintaylor
Forum Index » Profile for martintaylor » Messages posted by martintaylor
Len passed away on 6th September 2020.

I keep adding pictures and text to the website when I get time.
The one question we need an answer to is, 90 days after d-day he was recalled/came back home and we have no idea what he did then until leaving in 1947.
One piece of paper says NWE 90 days
I am having trouble getting pictures to upload, so my girls have helped me set up a family website and have started a page about Len
Leonard Taylor service number 14409066
hope this helps, it is very basic and we have a lot of stuff to upload
https://sites.google.com/view/taylor-family-tree/taylor-family-tree/len-taylor
Sadly my Uncle Leonard Taylor passed away at the weekend. He was a 18/19 year old signaler in the commandos, was on D-Day with Lord Lovat, and they were sent to reinforce Pegasus Bridge. My Uncle never had any children and rarely spoke about the war, but when he did he had fond memories. He got his Légion d'honneur a few years ago after being persuaded to accept it as he thought it was a bit showy to wear it, typical of his mild manner. I am now the only Male Taylor of our family line so all his photos , documents, memorabilia will come to me. Once the Funeral is over i shall be able to post any relevant info to the archive.

Forum Index » Profile for martintaylor » Messages posted by martintaylor
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger