commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Gold1944
Forum Index » Profile for Gold1944 » Messages posted by Gold1944
Thank you for your quick answer

I will ask them to publish something in the newspaper

He mentioned he belonged to the mortars section but on the internet i have seen he was a driver

Whenever if you have somewhere more information do not hesitate to send me a message to my professional address : [email protected]

Regards

Guillaume
Dear All,

My name is Guillaume (William in english) i'm a french historian and i am the curator of the D DAY museum in Arromanches, Normandy.
I have in the museum's collection a Bergam bag which belong to Edwin Frank Piggott n°3 commando veteran and unfortunatelly when this item arrived at the museum nobody took the time to ask more about Mr Piggott. I don't know when did he gave us his bergam and when ?
Now i would like to expose his Bergam with his story that i found here : https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/80022005

I learn that he landed at sword beach and fought in Italy, he was in 2nd troops Mortar section

but, i would love to have a picture of him and to be in touch with his family if they agree.

Please find attached to this message a picture of his Bergam which nowadays at the D DAY MUSEUM ARROMANCHES

Best regards,

Guillaume, DDAY Museum curator

Forum Index » Profile for Gold1944 » Messages posted by Gold1944
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger