commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Phil Boot
Forum Index » Profile for Phil Boot » Messages posted by Phil Boot
Hi Jackie

Have a look at my post,l posted a very similar picture of my dad as in your first picture.
My dad also had the insigna of the upside down trident on his arm of the 116 brigade.
You might find out some more information when you finally get the records.

Phil.
Hi Jackie

Try this web site for guidance

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-records-of-deceased-service-personnel

Also try scanning your picture on a computer and resizing it to a smaller size you might be able to upload to this site.

Good luck

Phil
Hi Jackie

I live in New zealand and had my father's records sent to me so hopefully they should still send to you in the US.
The records are very useful and I certainly found out alot of information.
Don't give up im sure someone on this site will help.

Reguards

Phil
Hi
I had a record of my dad's medals awarded but I had to apply to the medals office to get the actual medals sent to me
Good luck

Phil
Hi mate

The records could take quite a few months to arrive due to covid so you need to be patient.
You do get a booklet with the abbreviations explained,also there are a few people on this website who will help
With the decoding if needed.
Good luck the wait will be worth it.
You may also want to enquire if your relation was awarded any medals ?

Regards

Phil.
Hi Nick

I have received a reply from the MOD apparently my dad doesn't qualify for the 1939 45 star,see the reply posted.
Worth asking though.

Thanks

Phil Boot
Hi Nick

Thanks for the information,I have sent an email to the medal dept and will keep you posted.

Thanks

Phil Boot
Hi Nick
Just found this so looks like he does not qualify for the medal.

The recipient was awarded this star if their service period was terminated by their death or disability due to service. Also the award of a gallantry medal or mention in Despatched also produced the award of this medal, regardless of their service duration..

Thanks

Phil Boot
Hi Nic

Thanks for your reply,hope you and family are ok.
These are the only ones that were sent, on my dad's service history there were only these 3 medals ticked on the medal form.
I will enquire if there should be a 1939,45 star.

Thanks

Phil Boot
Medals

After waiting many months my father's medals they finally were delivered and yes it was worth the wait.
So it's worth applying for family records.

Thanks

Phil Boot
Hi
Is there any information on these officer's name's in the photo.
What units did they command ? And any other relevant information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil.
Hi

Was the RM 28th battalion formed in 1944 part of the d day landings ?

Thanks

Phil.
Hi

Just got my dad's military records back,30,09,41 joined beach battalion from RMRD.
What was this group ? Any missions they took part in,also mentioned 1 beach group
Any information I would be grateful
Also posted training list

Thanks

Phil Boot
Oops this one did not upload for some reaason
Last one

Forum Index » Profile for Phil Boot » Messages posted by Phil Boot
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger