commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Nepts
Forum Index » Profile for Nepts » Messages posted by Nepts
Hi Jonny

Thanks for your quick reply my wife?s name is Sharon and my name is Robert.
We kind of guessed that you are a cousin of hers so her father Raymond would have been your great uncle.
If your father would like it we can send you a photo of her father for you to compare the resemblance with George.

Many thanks again for your reply look forward to finding out more about my wife?s family.
Take care
Hi Jonny
Thanks for your response we?ve looked at the footage of Roy in America and yes that?s him.
Let me explain the connection Roy or George as we know him is my wife?s uncle her father is Raymond Herbert and he served in the Royal artillery during the war. The resemblance is incredible, we have a photo of Roy in his officers battle uniform when he was a Lieutenant.
My wife had tears in her eyes watching the film thank you very much.
Sorry can you explain the bloodline to us.

Many thanks Nepts
Hello Pete

Just a quick message I would just like to thank you for the information you supplied me it was lovely and of great use to me thank you so much.
Many thanks
Hi John M

Many thanks for your information I was aware of this information having visited CVA and looked at that page and that told me a few things I did'nt know about Roy.
I was hoping maybe somebody in the veterans could tell me if there was any existing family I knew he was married because my father had a photo of him and his wife.
Many thanks for your info
Hi
Please excuse me but I'm new to this I would like to find out if Roy Herbert has any living relatives or existing family.
Roy was my uncle, my father Raymond Herbert was his brother they came from a big family in Blaina, Gwent South Wales. My father served in the war with the Royal Artillery. I would appreciate any information about Roy if he has any family.
Roy served with 3 commando army number 3384201 and 287391. Died 8th June 1944

Forum Index » Profile for Nepts » Messages posted by Nepts
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger