commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Bill Harvey
Forum Index » Profile for Bill Harvey » Messages posted by Bill Harvey
Daniel

It is quite clear from the No4 Roll of Honour from Flushing that Pierre Laux was with No4 and not with the French troops. The 1st Bataillon de Fusiliers Marins Commandos dead are listed seperatly.

Bill.
Stephane

Many thanks.

Bill
Steve

Bill Harvey son of No4 Commando. I have some pictures of Lord Lovat at the opening of the Commando memorial Spean Bridge meeting widows of No4 with the Queen Mother.

If you would like a copy post your name and address via private messages.

Bill
Colin

It will include the roll of honour and those taken prisioner.

This will need a good few hours at the rate I type

If you want a photocopy send me your address using private maessages.

Bill
It seems so many people are looking for information. I will try to get the compiled list of No4 Commando who took part in the Dieppe raid and post it. It may take some time to type out as the copy i have would not scan.

Bill
Thanks Colin but I cannot find any info about A Commando being used. Can any of the Marine Commando help?

Bill
I am a bit confused as I always thought that the 2 commandos who took part in Dieppe were No3 and No4 Army Commando. Attached allied personnel attached to No4 were from the First American Ranger Battalion W R Brady, F M Koons, K D Stempson and A J Szima; free French Baloche, Rabouns, Taverne; South Saskatchewan Regement two signallers M Faille and P Keresa; three men fromm phantom group of signallers A R M Sedgwick, B Randell and C King.

Bill
Great idea. Remember troop as well as Commando number.

Bill Harvey
Jackie

My dad was killed in action with No4 Commando in Flushing. The grave yard where most of war dead are and you visited was Bergen-Op-Zoom where my father is buried. I have contact with some Royal Marine Commandos and will pass your message on. Bill Harvey

Forum Index » Profile for Bill Harvey » Messages posted by Bill Harvey
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger