commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Marc Bridger
Forum Index » Profile for Marc Bridger » Messages posted by Marc Bridger
Thank you Pete. I only wish Ken could of known before he passed away. I would like to think that by you telling me this Ken now knows.
Hello all. I would like to thank Pete Rodgers and all at the CVA for their work in having Ken Young of 9 commando name placed beneath the Commando memorial at the National memorial Arboretum , Alrewas. I cant tell you how proud we are to have seen his name with such great men. Im sure he would be be honoured to be next to his fellow Commandos. I wonder if Pete could contact me if possible. Have an idea.
Hello Nick. As Pete has mentioned Ken Young spoke about Frank Walsh. I was fortunate to of known Ken for the past eleven years and just before he passed away he told me one thing he wondered about was what become of Frank. I posted a message on the forum over a year ago for Ken but had no reply. It would be great if you could tell us about frank. Ken spoke highly of him. Regards Marc.
Hello there. Here I have a leaflet that belonged to Ronald (Ken) Young of 9 Commando. Does anyone recognise the signature?. Thank you for looking.
Hello there. Here is a leaflet that was kept by Ronald (ken) Young of 9 Commando. Thought it may be of interest.
Hello Stephen, It would be good if you could put some photos of your dads reunion leaflet on this forum. Sounds interesting.
Here I have a news letter that belonged to Ronald (Ken) young of 9 Commando 5 troop. I know nothing of this news letter but I thought the names in it would be of interest.

***6/2/11 update from Pete R. Newsletter now posted in the gallery ***

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/documents/

A clearer scan of the reunion leaflet.
A scan of the same letter. Clearer I hope.
Here are some photos of a reunion dinner leaflet that belonged to Ken Young of 9 Commando,5 troop. I wonder if anyone recognises any of the names signed.
Here are three photos of a letter sent to Ronald young of 9 Commando,5 troop. I thought it may be of some interest.
Hello there. I have been asking the same question about the second pattern wilkinson sword fs knifes. There is a web site that has some good information on all british fs knifes. Its called Gothia arms historical society.You may already know of it but I thought I would mention it. Iv posted some photos of one of these knifes on the collectors part of the forum.
Looking for imformation on these 2nd pattern wilkinson sword commando knifes. Were they issued to Commandos or bought from wilkinsons direct?. Any imformation would be appreciated.
Here is some photos of a 2nd pattern commando knife marked B2. The dagger used to belong to Ronald Young of 9 commando,5 troop.
More photos.

Forum Index » Profile for Marc Bridger » Messages posted by Marc Bridger
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger