commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: roel
Forum Index » Profile for roel » Messages posted by roel
Hi Pete

I have just been seen this, it is a memorial for the British troops at sachsenhausen.

Regards
Lawrence
Hi Pete,

Thanks for the additional information.

I am thinking of taking a trip out to Sachsenhausen and Bergen-Belsen where he finally came to rest.

I have pm'ed you regarding the additional information I have and please feel to post it as you see fit.

Kind Regards
Lawrence
Hi Pete

I think my great uncle Alfred John Roe served with Victor John Cox and was also at Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, Germany amongst others.

I have just returned from the National Archive centre with the war records and listed long with my uncle is a Sjt. Cox Victor DOB 18-12-1918 Buckhorn Weston.

They were of 14 Commando on operation Checkmate.

I have attached page one of the document I retrieved from the National Achieves this week, and please feel free to contact me if you need any more information.

Kind Regards
Lawrence Roe

Forum Index » Profile for roel » Messages posted by roel
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger