commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: carlosrocha
Forum Index » Profile for carlosrocha » Messages posted by carlosrocha
Dear Pete & Nick
Thank you both for your responses! Pete - emailed you as requested.

Nick - do you think the West Highland Museum would be happy to have the medals and include them in their display? My mothers fiancee told me that Mr Rogers did indeed mention training near to Fort William. He couldn't remember the name of the town Mr Rogers mentioned but we both recalled seeing a TV programme on the Commandos which included mention of their training location but Achnacarry rings a bell.

Hopefully if Pete manages to find further info we will have a story to go with the medals.

I've also asked my Mothers fiancee if there are any photos of Mr Rogers dating to the war or around that time.
Regards
Carlos
Hi wonder if someone may be able to help with some info and advice.

My Mothers fiancee was helping out an old couple he knew. Sadly the Mr Rogers passed away. He is now helping his widow to sort through his belonging. As far as we can make out Mr Rogers was a Commando service number 161251 (though on another doc there is a number of R(or maybe K)151251. From conversations they had before he died he took place in over 30 landings in WW2 both in europe and asia.

We would like to know a bit more info on his service record but not sure where to investigate (I've done research on WW1 veterans in my family but am a novice when it come to WW2).

They also have his medals and we were wondering whether they would be best placed in a museum and, if so, where?

Any help would be appreciated.
Carlos

Forum Index » Profile for carlosrocha » Messages posted by carlosrocha
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger