commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Anthony Stilwell
Forum Index » Profile for Anthony Stilwell » Messages posted by Anthony Stilwell
Whilst everyone seems to be freezing in Britain!! ,here in Angola it is stinking hot !! I would like to wish all a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year ,God Bless , Anthony Stilwell
......A true legend , may he Rest in Peace , to his Family and the Commando Family my Sincerest Condolences - Anthony Stilwell
.....One more of the "Valiants" has passed into Eternity , may He Rest in Peace in the Joy of the Lord and meet up once again with all his Comrades , my Sincere Condolences to all his Family......and the Commando Family.......Anthony Stilwell
When will his Glory Fade............Incredible Man..........along with all the others that made the Supreme Sacrifice for King , Country and Freedom.
Fantastic Geoff.........!!
Thanks

Anthony
Pete ,
Any chance of having a photocopy job done on your Document ? as downloading from here and printing it i get all the margins of the "site" ,i am not able to isolate the document...or, could you scan it and Email to me at - ([email protected]) - , this would probably be the best solution , a bit tedious for you !! , but it would be very much appreciated by me , hope i am not giving you too much hassle !!
Kind Regards

Anthony
Good Morning Pete ,
May i enquire how i can get my hands on a copy of this 17 page Book , and what would be the cost , other than downloading it , thanks and Regards.
Anthony Stilwell
Hi Pete ,
Thanks so much for your reply , and yes you are right , i think !! , that it was a J.Hackett.........and not S.Hackett as i have mentioned....i am going to do do a bit more homework !!
Cheers

Anthony
S.Hackett was the Man that Bren Gunned the German that was about to finish off my Father when he was wounded on the Spilge/Himara operation on the 29th of July 1944 , my Father many times spoke of him , unfortunately none of us were ever introduced to him , S.Hackett was part of Dad's Troop........later in Life i recall Dad telling me that the Man that saved his Life was S.Hackett (a true Cockney as the old Major used to say !!) and worked in London Transport , he was a Bus Driver , does anyone know if this Man is still alive ? and if so where he lives in London.......the last information i had was !! near a Stadium !! , narrows the situation down !!........how many Stadiums in London ?...!!
I would Love to meet him if he is still amongst us , can anyone help ??
Incredible Tributes to Captain Read !! , may he Rest in Peace , my sincere condolences to his Family , and to you Geoff on the loss of a Friend and Comrade.

Anthony Stilwell
Good Evening everyone , just a short note , i have at Home Dad's F&S Knife , the tip is slightly damaged.....as we were allowed to fool around with it when we were kids , under our Fathers watchfull eye !! , one of my Brothers dropped it on stone and the tip of the blade was damaged....i am at the moment in deep Africa (Angola) , but when i get back Home in November i will photograph it and put it on the site , Dad's initials are stamped on the top side of the "guard"....it is exactly like the one we have on the site.....now, when it was issued to our Father i honestly cannot say....it is incredible the little we know about our Father's war years........he was always reluctant to talk abou the War.....and yes i can understand it..........they went to Hell and back...those that survived !! God Bless everyone - Anthony Stilwell
This is the First time that i come on to this Forum ,First of all i would like to introduce myself , i am Major Michael Stilwell's eldest son ,i was proposed by Bob Bishop to become an Associate Member of the CVA ,i am very Honoured to belong to such an Important Association , I wear the Badge with Great Pride.
I would like to express my deep sorrow at Bob's Departure , this morning i received an Email from Janet breaking the News ,i was shell shocked and lost for words.......I met Bob in Portugal 2 years ago when he came out all the way from Canada to meet once again his Commanding Officer in Nš2 Commando , 62 Years on ,Bob only realized that Dad was still alive after the Stand Down Parade in Portsmouth of the "Commando Association" on the 18th of September 2005 which Dad attended . Bob reached us through the Royal British Legion , when we realized, me and my Brothers,who Bob was and his close ties to Dad we organized for him and Janet to come over to Portugal for him to meet up with his former CO,until the day i die i will never forget their reencounter up at the house in Sintra , i have never ever seen anyone Salute anyone the way Bob saluted my Father.......and the following 2 weeks with them ,their stories,horrifying most of them,remembering Comrades , it was incredible to listen to them.....it brought me to my senses ,these Men along with all the others went to Hell and back !!
Special Breed , and thanks to them we Live in a Free World despite all the ongoing issues .
It was an Incredible Honour to of met and spend time with Bob Bishop , his enthusiasm with the CVA , his tremendous dedication in putting the record Books straight , his last article on the the Duke of Wellington and last but not least , his Obituary to my Father had tears coming down my face 4 by 4....He was Very Special ....May he Rest in Peace in the Company of all his so much Loved Comrades .
To Janet , a Hug the size of the World.

Anthony Stilwell

Forum Index » Profile for Anthony Stilwell » Messages posted by Anthony Stilwell
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger