commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jackie Birtles
Forum Index » Profile for Jackie Birtles » Messages posted by Jackie Birtles
Thanks Craig. I believe my sister is going to give all of the records to my brother. He will scan whatever she gives him. Then they will make their way to me? by which time, I will probably have the records for MOD
I believe this is the only photo we have where you can see any of the badge on his sleeve, but I can?t make anything out on it.
I really appreciate all of your help. You guys are amazing! I will definitely post anything else I may find.
Thanks again!
Thank you so much Craig for the info. I will take a look when I can get to a computer. With all of the merging of units, it?s like a Sudoku puzzle. My Dad is surely having a laugh watching me dig through all of this! :)
Is there a way to find out about the captains who signed them? Is there a list somewhere of Captains and the units they were in charge of in specific years?
Last one
Here are the photos of the paperwork that my sister sent.
Thanks Pete, I will post as soon as she sends it. :)
Hi Pete,

My sister gave it to me, it was on some paperwork she had of is. I just called her to see if she could pull it out from storage to see what the paperwork was from. It may take a few days?
Thanks
Thanks Nic, I applied for his records last week from MOD, there?s a 12 month waitlist, so was trying to see if I could at least find his unit while I wait. My sister is going to look to see if she has anything on him. :)
Ok, thanks Craig, not sure if he was in them. I just noticed it on the arm of a photo that we have of his friend I am assuming. I feel like I have seen the face of everyone serving in ww2 lol! Gonna need stronger glasses!! Haha it
Thanks Phil, I will take a look. I guess I just need to be patient and wait for his records. :)
Could it be possible he was in that unit before becoming a commando?? There is a guy, on this sight named Albert ?Taffy? John. I?m wondering if that?s the ?Taffy? my Dad knew. The pic I posted with him and another person, could possibly be Taffy? It?s like finding a needle in a haystack. :( I joined the Forces war site as well, and there was no record of him on there either? So strange??
Hi Craig, I found another pic of what I am assuming was a friend of my Dad's. When I zoomed in on his sleeve it looked like a 3 pronged vertical fork - prongs at the top ( as if you were to stand a fork on it's handle). Does that mean anything? Pertain to a certain unit, do you know?
Thanks!
Will do, thank you :)

Forum Index » Profile for Jackie Birtles » Messages posted by Jackie Birtles
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger