commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
3 Troop RM Eng Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Units
BillP
Forum Member

Hi I have just seen the pictures added to the gallery by the family of Mne Edward Ted Murphy, I can identify my Father on 2 of the pics which is great because I only have 3 pics of him in uniform. My question i s on one of the pics there is a board showing 3 Troop RM Eng Commando 49, what does the 49 denote? 49 is mentioned in The Third Jungle Book issue 9 and I've just seen a wartime BSA M20 restored with the same 49 badge on the tank with the blue background and white numbers purporting to be from a Royal Marine unit.

The picture with the caption board has my father standing 1st left on the second row. I cannot be certain but I would suggest that this was taken at Kowloon possibly at the same time as the the picture of my father sat at a desk in the same 3 Troop section of the gallery where he is wearing a Brass Carbuncle in both pics.
Regards
Bill

Proud son of Sgt Alexander Pirie MM Royal Marines 1935 to 1947

Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Units
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger