commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Sgt Leonard William Hussey  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
BIGJOBOB
Forum Member

HI GUYS NEW TO THIS BUT NEED YOUR HELP .
I WAS TOLD THAT Sgt Leonard William Hussey fought in Normandy
AND THAT HE WAS A COMANDO / PARA
ALL I ASK IS DID HE OR IS IT JUST A NOTHER MAKE UP STORY , TO ADD TO SOME THING THAT , IS NOT WHAT IT IS

ENY INFO WOULD BE HELP FULL . THANK YOU
BIGJOBOB
Forum Member

BIGJOBOB wrote:HI GUYS NEW TO THIS BUT NEED YOUR HELP .
I WAS TOLD THAT Sgt Leonard William Hussey fought in Normandy
AND THAT HE WAS A COMANDO / PARA
all help please i hope to get a photo to add to this site , so he is not forgotten veteran

ENY INFO WOULD BE HELP FULL . THANK YOU
[/quote ]Hussey L W Ty Lt 1954 Commission terminated on appointment in the TA (RA) 1954/235
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Not sure if you are related or not? He is named in our 46RM Commando nominal roll if you check it out in the main archive here: https://www.commandoveterans.org/46RMCommandoNomRollEtoK

He is a Sergeant there but is also later shown in the in the Navy Lists as can be seen on the link below as a Lieutenant in the RM Holding Commando April 1945 presumably awaiting deployment:

https://www.commandoveterans.org/RMHoldingCommandoOfficers_April1945

So yes he was a commando. If you have a photo or more detail about him, dates and places of birth and death etc., post them. Any difficulty with the photos just let me know. I cannot promise to respond immediately due to family reasons at the moment but I will when I can.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
BIGJOBOB
Forum Member

Pete wrote:Not sure if you are related or not? He is named in our 46RM Commando nominal roll if you check it out in the main archive here: https://www.commandoveterans.org/46RMCommandoNomRollEtoK

He is a Sergeant there but is also later shown in the in the Navy Lists as can be seen on the link below as a Lieutenant in the RM Holding Commando April 1945 presumably awaiting deployment:

https://www.commandoveterans.org/RMHoldingCommandoOfficers_April1945

So yes he was a commando. If you have a photo or more detail about him, dates and places of birth and death etc., post them. Any difficulty with the photos just let me know. I cannot promise to respond immediately due to family reasons at the moment but I will when I can.

Pete

[Thumb - DCFA76A0-8C6A-4552-8240-0043F1BE5667 (2).jpeg]
 Filename DCFA76A0-8C6A-4552-8240-0043F1BE5667 (2).jpeg [Disk] Download
 Description PHOTOS
 Filesize 31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  114 time(s)

BIGJOBOB
Forum Member

I HAVE COPYIES OF HIS RELISE IN 1946 , WILL POST THEM
[Thumb - Btroop.jpg]
 Filename Btroop.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description TAKEN 1944
 Filesize 309 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  111 time(s)

Jeff Hewitt
Forum Member

I am the lead contact for 46 Royal Marine Commando Family and Friends Group.
We do have a Sgt L W Hussey CH/X113252 listed in the unit?s Nominal List.
I have co written two books detailing the unit complete war journey.
My father was Sgt Harry Hewitt S Troop.
Please either email me at [email protected] or call me on 01869 356082 and I?ll share all I can with you.
Regards
Jeff

Jeff Hewitt
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger