commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Is this Achnacarry?  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
gbowde
Forum Member

Hi! Does this photo look like it was taken at the commando training centre judging by the uniforms? I am trying to identify the man in the picture with the cross drawn on his chest.

Thank you,
Grace.
[Thumb - IMG_3531.JPG]
 Filename IMG_3531.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description Photo of soldiers in WW2 - in Achnacarry?
 Filesize 71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  176 time(s)

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I do not believe it is. Certainly most of the group photos we have taken at Achnacarry were either outside a door or in the grounds https://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+Training/img015.jpg.html

Is there a commando connection?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/09/2022 22:37:51

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
GUY
Forum Member

Grace,
The photograph was taken post-war. The ordinary ranks all wear 1947 pattern battledress blouses. The non-commissioned officers at the front appear to have the Queen's Own Royal West Kent Regiment cap badges, the O.R. cap badges appear to be that of a different Regiment?

Do you have a higher definition copy of the photograph?

Good luck with your research
Guy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/09/2022 08:53:45

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger