commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Eric "Sally" Lunn SBS 2 WWII  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Vectis
Forum Member

I am arranging a memorial service (Oran, Nov 2022) for SBS 2 who were involved in the Oran landing, 1942. I would like to invite descendants of the 11 brave men who were there.
Does anyone know how I could contact the family of "Sally" Lunn? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/03/2022 00:44:16

SimonH
Forum Member

Hi Vectis, Maj Eric Lunn was my father's uncle and my Godmother's father. Both my Dad and Godmother are no longer with us, so links to Eric are a little rusty. I have sent a PM with my e-mail where I can give more information if required.
Vectis
Forum Member

Hi Simon,
My father Lt Joe CC Pagnam was part of the SBS II group that landed at Oran, Nov. 1942. Maj. Lunn was also part of that 11 man group. He would certainly have known my father very well. As you can see from my earlier post, I was planning and organizing an 80th memorial at Oran itself. However I was only able to contact the daughter of the SBS Commander Harry Holden-White. So it would have just been us, and my wife thought is just wasn't worth it. Also, we live in Virginia and it would have been too expensive. I have extensive data and info on Oran. So much, I am still planning a book. I would love to hear anything you have on Maj. Lunn, and I could add that to my files. It is great to hear from you!
SimonH
Forum Member

Unfortunately I can't be much help with any information as I never met Eric myself. My father would be the one to ask but sadly no longer with us. I can try and contact some of his surviving family members if it helps? As for the book, I would certainly buy a copy.

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger