commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Jack Shears Cardiff  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
jonathancole
Forum Member

Hi all

I?m trying to find information on an old friend. About 40 years ago I struck up a friendship with an old soldier. He was quite reticent about his war service, but one day did disclose that he had fought with an elite unit and had been present at either St Nazare or possibly Dieppe. He showed me some wartime photographs of himself in uniform, the insignia if I remember correctly was a dagger with a snake. He also showed me some medals that he had been awarded one of which might have been a either a MM or MC. His name was Jack Shears he was from Cardiff and had ginger hair, I suspect he would have been in his twenties when the photograph was taken. I?m pretty certain Jack passed away a long time ago but I would dearly like to find out more about this man.

Many thanks

Jon
GUY
Forum Member

Jon,
These are two Jack Shears with a connection with Cardiff.

John Frederick SHEARS
1924-1991

John Henry SHEARS
1922-1990

" the insignia if I remember correctly was a dagger with a snake. "

I wondered if the insignia you remembered is the Royal Army Medical Corps cap badge, a snake with the staff of Aesculapius?

Good luck with your research
Guy

[Thumb - R.A.M.C. CAP BADGE (K.C.).png]
 Filename R.A.M.C. CAP BADGE (K.C.).png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 294 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  183 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 27/11/2021 18:56:48

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger