commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Information on W. C. Fry 3 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Charles Fry
Forum Member

Looking for information on my late father William (Bill) Charles Fry. 3 Commando captured during securement of 3 Commando bridge in Sicily.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hello Charles
We do not hold service records and originally had no record of your Father. However I have checked and found details and now updated our archive. You can view a page in his name here:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/WilliamFry_3Commando

I have original copies of the documents mentioned in the above as sources so if you would like these please email me via the email button below. Also can you provide his date of death and I will update our Obituaries. If you have a photo of your Father you would like included in our archive please just scan and send me a copy. If taking a photo of a photo please try and avoid reflection or glare from the frame glass.

I believe this file also relates to your Father although it is closed under the 100 years rule but you can apply under the Freedom of Information Act. It is quite normal for this and it will be a transcript of the German Record Cards of Prisoners so will not give much more, if indeed anymore at all, than that is shown in the other documents.

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C16843814

You can apply for a full copy of his military service record here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-records-of-deceased-service-personnel

Pete

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/08/2021 10:41:46

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Charles Fry
Forum Member

Good day Pete.
Thank you very much for your response.
I had a look at the site that you showed and that is my dad. Unfortunately the photos that I have are not in military uniform but in Prison services officers uniform. I will take a photo of the photo and add it.
He was extremely reticent to speak about his military experience, except to criticize senior officer decisions and a very high respect for Montgomery.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Charles
There is a file size limit on the forum of 1 mb. If you have any problems uploading it just email it to me and I will add it.
Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger