commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Marine Fraser - 30 AU  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Bob Pearson
Forum Member

Hello there.

For some time, I've been researching the activities of Lt Cmdr Patrick Dalziel-Job - 30 AU, and his work in Europe from D-Day + 4 onwards. PDJ's driver was Marine Bill Wright, but it's his bodyguard, Marine Fraser I'm seeking information on, and particularly his christian name.

Aside from brief mentions in PDJ's book, 'From Arctic Snow to Dust of Normandy', I've not found out a great deal more.

If anyone can throw some light on Fraser, it would appreciated.

Regards to all,

Bob Pearson - Ipswich
Bob Pearson
Forum Member

Further to my last message.

I've been informed Fraser was known as 'lofty', due to him being very tall - possibly 6ft 5" or close to that size. Also, his initial was J.

If anyone knows of a Marine J Fraser, I'd be pleased to hear from you!

Regards to all,

Bob
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Bob
Unfortunately I personally have no information on Marine Fraser. I suspect you likely contacted them before ourselves but if not check this website out: https://www.30au.co.uk/

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Bob Pearson
Forum Member

Many thanks, Pete.

I'm a member of the 30 AU group. However, aside from calling him 'Lofty' and that his initial was J, there's been no further information about him.

Thank you for taking the trouble to post. It was much appreciated.

Cheers

Bob

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger