commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Frank Webb  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RN Commandos
mikew01
Forum Member

I am trying to find more information about my father, who was a Royal Naval Beach Cdo.

I know he belonged to Force J on Juno beach on 6th June. His Commanding Officer was Captain Colin Maud. I know, also, that his mates, at that time, were Bill Bailey, Bungy Williams, and Jimmy Ridley.

He was a Leading Hand at that time. From the records I have, he joined HMS Dundonald in 1942. He was promoted temp. Sub Lieutenant in Dec. '44.

He was stationed at HMS Chinthe, Rangoon in March '45.

The records I have indicate his shore bases, not which operations he may have taken part, except D-Day.

Any further information, gratefully received.

He passed in 1966.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Unfortunately I have no information about your Father. Have you tried this site yet :

http://www.relaysystem.co.uk/id3.html

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime RN Commandos
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger