commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Frank Upton RM, possibly 41 Cdo but unsure.  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Neil Mason
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Does any one know of Frank Upton, my Grandfather? He was born in 1923 in Solihull near Birmingham. He was a Royal Marine in WW2. I understand he spent time at Burma Camp at Llwyngrill, a commando training centre, was a Sergeant at D Day (where I understand he was wounded in the knee), and was commissioned during the advance on Germany. He later served in the North Shropshire TA (KSLI), including as its Regimental Signals Officer in 1956 when the NATO phonetic alphabet was rolled out. His last civilian job was as a company accountant for Fullwood & Bland, manufacturers of milking machines in Ellesmere, Shropshire. He died in August 1989 in Chirk, just over the Welsh border from Shropshire, aged 66. I am using a photo of him as my avatar. I am looking for further information of Frank's WW2 service and I wondered if anyone from this forum can help please. Kind regards, Neil

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/05/2021 01:32:53

The truth will set you free.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger