commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
42 RM Commando Hill 170 Burma 1945  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
MA80
Forum Member

Hello, I'm looking for any more info anyone may have on the 42 RM Commando from this time 1945. I have seen the picture of the flag brought back from hill 170by it says Peter Davidson, X Troop, 42 RM Cdo whose signature appears on the flag.
My late grandfather's signature is also on the flag.
He didn't talk much about his time in the war and its only recently we have found some of his badges which brought us here. Seeing the flag and reading about how this was captured has been a real eye opener.
If anyone has any further information or where to look I would be most grateful.
Thank you.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi MA80

What was your late Grandfathers full name and when did he die ? If you have a photo of him why don?t you post it in any reply. Any problems just contact me by email below.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
dutboy
Forum Member

I have this news paper clipping from my grandfather - might be of interest

http://www.mdx2.com/commando/News_clipping_Hill_170.jpg

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/02/2023 14:26:07

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Link was broken on above...now corrected.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger