commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
service record information  XML
Forum Index » Tips on Research
conradnjb
Forum Member

Hi, does anyone know roughly how long it takes to receive a service record back? I don't want to sound impatient, Im just concerned they haven't been able to find it, since I could only provide limited information. I think it's been around 3 weeks since I sent the forms. .

thanks for any help.
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi conradnjb,

Even under normal circumstances the application can take a considerable time - up to ten months in some cases.
The Records Offices also deal with other matters including welfare cases which, I'm sure you understand, will take priority over your application.

During the pandemic, the respective Records Offices have reduced the number of working staff - which potentially has caused further delays.

As long as you provided: Full names, a Death Certificate, EITHER a Service Number OR a Date of Birth then they should find the record you're looking for...

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Tips on Research
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger