commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Marine Vincent Edwards 44RM - Killed in Action Burma 1945  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Chrisg149
Forum Member

I am the proud nephew of Marine Vincent Edwards - 44RM Commando PO/X 121963 who died of wounds aboard a hospital ship near Kangaw, Burma, January 25, 1945 aged just 20. In 2011 I obtained his unclaimed war medals and proudly wore them when marching past at the cenotaph on his sisters', my mother, 80th birthday. I would like the attached photo of Vincent to be added to the "Roll of Honour" page. I also attach a photo captioned "Platoon Lympstone", Vincent is second row up, second in. Thank you. Chris D.
[Thumb - Vincent Edwards.jpg]
 Filename Vincent Edwards.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Marine Vincent Edwards
 Filesize 166 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  238 time(s)

[Thumb - Vincent Edwards Platoon Lympstone).jpg]
 Filename Vincent Edwards Platoon Lympstone).jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Vincent Edwards (2nd row up, second in) - Platoon, Lympstone
 Filesize 276 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  245 time(s)

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Chris

Thank you for posting the photos of your uncle which I have now entered into our archive. There are two entries:

Roll of Honour page: http://www.commandoveterans.org/VincentEdwards44Commando

44RM Cdo Gallery: http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/44+RM+Cdo_001/edwards/

I can add your surname on the entries should you care to provide that. Feel free to contact me by email via the link below should you wish to do so.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/11/2020 13:23:44

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Chrisg149
Forum Member

Thank you forum for uploading photo that gives my uncle Vincent the deserved dignity of a face to a name in the "Roll of Honour". If the group photo at Lympstone is suitable, then I'm happy for that to also be included in your gallery. Thanks again. Chris D.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Both photos are in the gallery on the link above.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Chrisg149
Forum Member

Correction: Hi Pete, In the gallery the photo is captioned died 1944 when it should read 1945. Please also include my surname as invited. Many thanks again. Chris Davis
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

All done now Chris.

[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger