commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Rennes Eastern Communal Cemetery, France - photo of grave needed  XML
Forum Index » Commando Memorials and Places of Remembrance
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

If anyone is nearby Rennes Eastern Communal Cemetery, Ille-et-Vilaine, France, I am looking for a higher resolution image of the grave of Private Thomas McCormack No 2 Commando 5 troop who is buried there. We do have one but I would like a better and clearer one to place in the gallery. A credit will be applied to whoever takes the image for us so please don't just copy one you may find on the internet. Tom died of wounds after the St Nazaire raid and is the only Commando buried there.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/McCormack2Commando

The location of the grave within the cemetery can be found here
https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/2846307/mccormack,-thomas/

Rennes is a town in the Department of the Ille-et-Vilaine. Rennes Eastern Communal Cemetery is situated on the Boulevard Villebois-Mareuil, about 2 kilometres east of the railway station. From the station follow Bd. Solferino, turn right into Rue St Helier, then left into Rue De Chateaugiron, then left again along Avenue Monseigneur Mouezy, and the Communal Cemetery is just facing you.

Thanks.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Commando Memorials and Places of Remembrance
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger