commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Photo of three soldiers-possibly Commandos?  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi
I have recently come across an old photo of my fathers of three soldiers who may possibly be Commandos, the point that leads me to think this, is that the two standing figures seem to have different cap badges on their berets. The cap badge of the central figure, who is seated, is not visible. As my father re enlisted with his parent regiment the RWF, after being demobbed from No1 Commando in 1946, it could possibly be a photo from this post war period, however this would not explain the apparently different cap badges.
Of course I appreciate that this is along shot, but If any one out there could provide confirmation as to whether this is a photo of Commando soldiers or not and possibly the identities of the men themselves, I would be very grateful.

Cheers Andy
[Thumb - J204-Unknown group.jpg]
 Filename J204-Unknown group.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 380 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  437 time(s)

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi
I have just recieved a message from Dan Strain who has stated that his Grandfather has identified two of the men in this photo, he thought "the man on the left standing was either Ginger Clark or Ginger Harris and the man on the right was Bill Brown, who used to be a very good boxer."
I would just like to say many thanks to both Dan and his Grandfather for their assistance in this matter, it is very much appreciated.

Many thanks Andy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/10/2008 00:14:53

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger