commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Commando Service Certificate  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Firstly, many thanks to Andy for the good advice and information received.

I would like to know if it is possible to have a new copy of my late fathers Commando Service Certificate. Many years ago I found his diary, a few photos, a prayer book, medals but nothing else, certificate was either lost or not received?

Cheers
Kevin

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I always remember that all my father's memorabilia were in a cutlery box when I was a child.
I remember his Cdo Service Certificate, his green beret, rank stripes, cap badge (KRRC), a wall plaque, his medals, Commando Association lapel badge, prayer book, letters to my mother from Commando Association on his death, a letter to my mother from a colonel - presumably one of his commanding officers.
Alas, the only items that remain are his medals, CA lapel badge, Cap badge & prayer book.
I don't know what happened to every thing else - I can only think that they got lost one on of our many house moves!
I too would love to have a copy of his Cdo Service Cert...

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Vlewis
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Ditto,

My Father's wartime memorabilia had diminished somewhat since I was a child, it was kept in a strictly out of bounds area of the house and contained some very personal photos, his beret etc. Since his death in 1982 we (the kids) became custodians of what was left but a lot has gone missing.

I do remember what happened to a Thunderflash my dad locked away in the shed, but that's another story :))

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger