commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
42 COMMANDO RALPH JAMES HINDMARSH. 1950'S  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
lauriesmb
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi, I am trying to trace anyone or any information on my step father, Ralph James Hindmarsh. Served with 42 commando in the 1950's and trained at Lympstone/Bickleigh devon.

I have a few photos of his passing out day, and I know he went to Aden, but other than that, I have no history etc.
Does anyone remember him? HE IS THE CHAP THIRD ROW FROM THE TOP, THIRD PERSON IN. Any help appreciated.

Please see attached photos for id etc. many thanks.
[Thumb - GEDC0011.JPG]
 Filename GEDC0011.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description 42 commando
 Filesize 120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  481 time(s)

NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi,
Are you aware that you can contact the MoD for a copy of his Service Record?
I can forward the necessary forms should you wish.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
lauriesmb
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Could you please let me have the forms to apply to the mod? Thank you. Laurence.
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Laurence,
Here are the links you'll need, the first just takes you to the gov.uk site and gives a overview about appling for service records and other things.
The other two links are to the specific forms you'll need - both need to be completed as much as possible. Should you encounter any problems please don't hesitate to ask advise - we'll do our best to help!
https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-records#service-records-of-deceased-service-personnel

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/210233/request_service_details_NOK_pt1_v6.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/142477/request_for_service_details_rnrm_application_part2_1_.pdf

Nick

Nick Collins,

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I have added the photo to our post war RM Commando gallery. If you have another photo of him you can register on the gallery (completely separate to forum registration) and post it direct into our Holding Album where photos are assessed. Full details and instructions are included there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/10/2021 12:25:06

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
lauriesmb
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Pete, thanks for that. I don't have any other photos, just that one! I do know that he had a serious accident while on an exercise with the marines, he broke his neck and ended up in royal naval hospital for nearly 13 months recovering, then was pensioned off. That's all the info I have about his career, except that he served in the Aden crisis. Many thanks. Laurie

NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Laurie,

I've just received an email from an ex-Royal Marine who is also on the photo. I have sent you a Private Message.

Nick

Nick Collins,

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger