commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
1 SS Brigade HQ, 5 June 44 - 8 June 44  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Commandos War Diaries
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Transcript of official War Diary,WO 218/59 held at The National Archives, Kew, as detailed in subject title
 Filename 1 Special Service Brigade HQ _ 5.June.44 - 8.June.44.doc [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1317 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/10/2014 22:32:20

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Neville Brent
Forum Member

Hi my father served with 1 SS Brigade HQ, he joined from 1 Eng Commando , or that's what his
records say if I'm reading them correctly. He embarked UK on 5.6.44 and disembarked NW Europe 6.6.44. I believe he served under Lord Lovat. Can anybody confirm this please as I'm getting a little confused with it all. His name was Ronald Brent number PO/X101478. I just want to find out where he landed and went if possible, then i can visit Normandy. Thanks Neville

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/08/2019 17:05:19

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Neville

There is a small bit about 1 RM Engineer Commando below.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/RMEngineerCommando

You may find more information on the Unit itself at the National Archives at Kew. Here is a National Archives file reference for them DEFE 2/49 - R.M. Engineering Commando.

If you do decide to check at the National Archives, read this first: http://www.commandoveterans.org/ResearchAdvice

Feel free to post a photo of your Father in reply to this message.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 13/08/2019 20:39:28

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Commandos War Diaries
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger