commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Fred Walker Daily Telegraph Today 5/12/13  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
GUY
Forum Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/telegraphchristmasappeal/10494670/Telegraph-Christmas-Appeal-Where-veterans-go-to-be-themselves.html
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thank you for posting this - I hadn't seen it.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

A much younger Fred Walker
[Thumb - Fred Walker.No3.jpg]
 Filename Fred Walker.No3.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Fred Walker
 Filesize 58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  577 time(s)

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
John Martin
Forum Member

It is wonderful to see Fred looking so fit. He is a remarkable character. I have such pleasant memories of spending time in his company on trips to Normandy. At one stage in his days with 3 Cdo, he had the unenviable role of playing bodyguard to Brigadier (then Lt Colonel) Peter Young DSO MC**. There was an occasion when he had to push the latter to the ground in a rather undignified fashion, when he managed to walk into a burst of incoming. I believe that Fred received a dusty - and somewhat ungrateful - retort from his boss for his pains!

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger