commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Edward 'Ted' Douglas Liverpool Scottish  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Gavin
Forum Member

Number 2 Commando Volunteered for Chariot St Nazaire in Ml 177 Special Tasks Party with TSM Haines, and other L'pool Scots, l/Sgt J Rennie, L/Cpl W Blythe, and W A Hughes. Awarded MM for making it to Gibralter. He was later a publican in Windsor, and later Lord Mayor of Windsor. (I think)
[Thumb - 7.jpg]
 Filename 7.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  333 time(s)

[Thumb - 1.jpg]
 Filename 1.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  353 time(s)

[Thumb - 5.jpg]
 Filename 5.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  347 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/04/2013 18:41:25

Gavin
Forum Member

His Medals and Dog Tag. In private collection, not mine unfortunately.
[Thumb - P1010003.JPG]
 Filename P1010003.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  336 time(s)

[Thumb - P1010001.JPG]
 Filename P1010001.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 622 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  375 time(s)

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

We have at least 4 pictures of Ted in our gallery which show him as he progressed from the Liverpool Scots to No.4 Independent Company
http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/WW2/Independent+Companies/No_4+Independent+Coy_.jpg.html
and then in No.2 Commando5 troop pre St Nazaire ,
http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/2/5+troop/2+cmdo+5+troop+dumfries+1941a.jpg.html
and after his escape back with No.2 Commando 5 troop whilst they were in Gibraltar as part of the CMF,
http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/2/5+troop/5+trp+gibraltar+copy.jpg.html

One I particularly like ( for purely personal reasons) is of Ted and my father which is shown below. Both were Liverpool Scots, then No.4 Ind. Coy., then 5 troop No.2 Commando. Both went to St Nazaire. Both got back albeit by different means. Both become Lance Sergeants in 5 troop and both, albeit at different places, were awarded the Military Medal (Ted for his gallantry during Operation Chariot and subsequent escape), my father for his gallantry during Operation Healing 11 in Albania.)

Gavin I would be interested to know where you got all of the photos of Ted from so that we could seek permission to use them in our gallery. Can you private message me with any information on this.
[Thumb - Joe Rogers and Ted Douglas.jpg]
 Filename Joe Rogers and Ted Douglas.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 287 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  365 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 27/07/2011 11:06:20

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger