commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Rangers At Dieppe  XML
Forum Index » Commando Library
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Just been browsing round my local garden centre when I saw some cheap books for sale There for sale at £3.99 was Rangers At Dieppe by Jim DeFelice. and what a gem it is .Its not often Ive read books on the Commandos by an American.The author was actually at Fort Willam in 2006 and was delighted to witness our commando gathering there.He thanks John Lowman and the CVA in his acknowledgements at the back ( how is dear John these days?) The book is terrific in describing the formation and training of the Rangers at Achnacarry.This is how he describes the Commandos " No soldiers ,no airmen,no sailors were more celebrated than the British Commandos. if fighting men were rock stars ,the Commandos would have been the Beatles"
Actually I think the Battle of Britain pilots were the Beatles ,,the Commandos were the Rolling Stones! The book has a good page on the St Nazaire raid But its mainly about Dieppe and the Americans who went there with the raiders. There's a few errors along the way but its one of the better books and fascinating to see the story told by our American cousins

SE Donnison
[MSN]

Forum Index » Commando Library
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger