commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
CVA WW2 Research Group Formation idea  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Hello Everyone

I have been giving some thought to the suggestion of photo archives and the like re our members artifacts and all the research that this site engenders.

I have responded to almost 300 inquiries via the Greenlids email address since FW last year so the demand is there for something of this nature.

Perhaps we could consider forming a CVA Research Group which would be open to all of those interested.

The mission of the group would be to carry on research and centralize
the photo archive various documents etc for future researchers to use as a resource.

We could also be a sorurce of useful adresses and keep details of other institutions that have WW2 commando information available for viewing etc.

Apart from all of the photo's that are spread throughout our community many have insignia/weapons/books etc relating to the units.

Between us we could supply exhibitions at various events etc.EG Fort William gatherings .....Alrewas etc.

Reference for TV and Radio progs.

As an example I don't think that many are aware that the Army Museum Library in Chelsea hold an archive of photos and documents that was placed there by the late Henry Brown the OCA secretary for over 40 yrs. I have viewed this archive and it is quite extensive and very useful.

Any way as a starting point could all those interested in getting involved let me know and maybe we could have an informal meeting at FW this year and knock something into shape.

all the very best

John M

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 23/08/2009 12:44:08

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

John,
Sounds a daunting task, but from every acorn, I'll be glad to help in whatever way I can. Lead on.
Ron
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi John

Excellent idea, would be glad to contribute in any way that I can.

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Great idea. I'm all for it - I'll help in any possible way.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger