commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Jennie Barlow  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is my very sad duty to inform you of the recent death of Jennie Barlow, daughter of Jack Barlow of No.2 Commando and an associate member of the Association. Jennie was a staunch supporter of Commandos. She passed away at University College Hospital on the 26th September 2019.

Jennifer Ann Barlow (Jennie) was a member of the London Branch and a regular at the November gathering at Fort William for many years until ill health prevented her from doing so. Jennie also supported me greatly when I took on the role of producing the association newsletters for a few years after Geoff Murray left. Her written submissions on events were always carefully worded for accuracy and her attention to detail was second to none. She also helped in typing transcripts from documents so that they could be added to this Archive in its early days. Although suffering chronic pain Jennie just got on with things as best she could and I will miss our telephone chats where we put the world to rights on so many different subjects.

By her own request, no mourners at her funeral. However donations in her memory can be made via the funeral directors website which is on the link below:

https://dignityfunerals.co.uk/funeral-notices/26-09-2019-jennifer-ann-barlow/

Rest in peace Jennie.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 28/10/2019 14:49:54

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Remembering Jennie.
[Thumb - Jennie Barlow outside the Alex.jpg]
 Filename Jennie Barlow outside the Alex.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  290 time(s)

[Thumb - Brian Dunn_ Jennie Barlow_ John_ Jan and Ben White_ Bev and Ron Lain.jpg]
 Filename Brian Dunn_ Jennie Barlow_ John_ Jan and Ben White_ Bev and Ron Lain.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  287 time(s)

[Thumb - Jennie at the Memorial.jpg]
 Filename Jennie at the Memorial.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  299 time(s)

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

So wonderful to have known Jennie. We will all miss her wisdom and fun.

Janet x

[Thumb - 100_1490.JPG]
 Filename 100_1490.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 680 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  291 time(s)

John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

I am very saddened to read of the passing of Jennie.
I have many fond memories of her.

Jennie was one of the first few half dozen or so associate members of the former Commando Veterans Association. She did much work in the early days of its formation and was always a pleasure to meet and work with.

Jennie also did a lot of work for this Commando Veterans Archive web-site. Transcribing many documents from my own archive and also other researchers documents.

Many documents now available for researchers here bare Jennie's name.

When I first met Jennie at the London Branch of the Commando Association she was introduced to me by Harry Winch who said 'this is Jennie Barlow ..she's a real lady'

And that always proved to be true.

Sleep tight Jennie
John & Bernie Mewett

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/10/2019 14:20:53

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Di Robinson
Forum Member

Such a lovely lady with a wicked sense of humour. It's a privilege to have known her.

Rest in peace Jennie

Di

xxxx

Di Robinson
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

In the Commando family we have been blessed by a lovely lady who we have had the privilage to know. We will always carry her in our hearts.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger